Your dryer vent should be regularly to enhance its efficiency. Cleaning it will also help remove the dirt that is obstructing the dryer’s performance.
Some Signs That Your Dryer Needs Cleaning:
- It takes longer than usual for your clothes to dry.
- The exterior of the dryer exterior gets hot.
- Debris is present around the dryer hose.
- The hood flaps of the vent do not open properly.
- You’ve not had your dryer vent inspected for a year.
- Clothes have a slight burning smell.
What Does A Complete Vent Cleaning Involve?
The dryer vent cleaning process also includes the removal of dirt from the filter and also other areas being checked and cleaned. Here is a short overview of what’s involved.
Inspecting of the exterior opening of the dryer vent.
All dirt on the outside has to be cleared.
The lint on the vent is removed.
The area behind the dryer is cleaned.
Finally, cleaning the lint trap and the drum thoroughly.
How Often Should You Clean The Dryer Vent?
According to experts, you should clean your dryer vent at least once per year; however, the more you clean it, the better it is for you.
Now that you know how often you should clean your dryer vent, our team at Green Air Home Services is available when you want to get your dryer vent cleaned. Contact us at 346-310-1341. We are glad to help you make your home safer this winter. Call today to make an appointment.